Looking for something quick and easy with a light citrus flavor? This honey yogurt cheesecake is for you!
- 2 cups (500mL) 2% yogurt
- 2 cups (500mL) ricotta cheese (low-fat is fine)
- 2 cup (500mL) graham cracker crumbs
- 1sp (5mL) finely grated lemon zest
- 1/4 tsp (1mL) salt
- 1/2 cup (125mL) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 recipe Yogurt cheese
- 1/4 cup (60mL) honey
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp (5mL) finely grated lemon zest
- 1 tsp (5mL) vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup diced fresh mango
- Prepare yogurt “cheese” a day before needed. Stir yogurt and ricotta together and place in a cheese cloth (or large paper coffee filter) in a strainer. Place strainer over a bowl, wrap loosely with plastic wrap and chill for 24 hours. Discard whey (liquid in bowl), and refrigerate yogurt cheese until ready to use.
- Preheat oven to 325F (160C)
- Combine graham cracker crumbs, lemon zest, salt and melted butter and press into an ungreased 9-inch (22cm) pie plate. Bake for 10 minutes, then cool while preparing filling.
- For filling, stir yogurt cheese with honey, egg, lemon zest and vanilla. Spoon into cooled pie shell and bake for 30 minutes. Cool to room temperature, then chill at least 4 hours before serving.
- Top with diced mango immediately before slicing.
See original post here.