- 1 1/2 pounds unpeeled large shrimp
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 5 tablespoons wildflower honey, divided
- 2 cups ice cubes
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped white onion
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh oregano
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Cooking spray
- 1 small red Fresno chile, thinly sliced
Devein shrimp, and remove legs from shells, if desired. (Do not remove shells from shrimp.) Combine 1 cup boiling water, salt, and 2 1/2 tablespoons honey in a large bowl; stir until the salt dissolves. Add ice cubes; stir until mixture cools. Add shrimp, and refrigerate 20 minutes. Remove shrimp from bowl, discarding liquid. Pat shrimp dry with paper towels; toss shrimp with 1 1/2 teaspoons honey.
Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
Place red wine vinegar and remaining 2 tablespoons honey in a large bowl; stir with a whisk to combine. Gradually add olive oil, stirring constantly with a whisk until well blended. Stir in parsley, onion, oregano, and garlic.
Arrange unpeeled shrimp on grill grates coated with cooking spray; grill shrimp, uncovered, 2 1/2 minutes on each side or until lightly charred and cooked through. Add shrimp to bowl with vinegar mixture; toss well to coat. Arrange shrimp mixture on a platter; top with sliced Fresno chile.